Purpose of the role:
To undertake the day-to-day administration of a portfolio of client company and trust structures.
From time to time to undertake specific additional tasks as advised. Work with the rest of the Fiduciary management team to improve profitability, limit both and client’s the business and clients exposure to risk and provide a quality service to clients.
Client Relationship Management: –
- Day-to-day administration of a portfolio of client cases to include book-keeping entries.
- Have a broad understanding of the principles and practices of offshore trusts, companies and related structures.
- Ensure mutual understanding of client and the business expectations and commitments at outset and throughout the relationship.
- Develop long term, profitable business relationships with clients maintaining regular contact and ensuring client confidentiality is respected
- Liaison with investment advisors, asset managers and other third parties regarding client affairs as necessary.
- Understand the principles of managing financial assets and how the performance of stock and currency markets impacts on client portfolios.
- Have a broad understanding of tax issues and jurisdictions as they relate to client circumstances.
- Meet with existing intermediaries
- Develop the existing client base by understanding client needs through effective listening and questioning.
- Assist in developing new business opportunities by developing good working relations with professional intermediaries.
- Keep up to date with changes in the market that have the potential to impact on offshore structures.
- Understand and apply local legislation relating to drug trafficking, money laundering, terrorist financing and any other legislation that impacts on the conduct of fiduciary business within the jurisdiction.
- Report complaints, operational risks, suspicions etc in accordance with local procedures.
- Ensure that risk issues are reported to the Directors and Compliance as appropriate.
Key areas are as follows (note that the trust officer is expected to demonstrate these skills or, in the minority, show potential to acquire them):
- Good knowledge of offshore fiduciary services.
- A proven track record in handling offshore fiduciary issues.
- A proven track record in client relationship management.
- Good interpersonal skills for dealing with intermediaries and clients.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- Sound judgement.
- Good understanding of financial markets and finances in general.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of compliance issues and the regulatory framework within which they operate
- You should have a minimum of 3 years experience in fiduciary services and qualify as a C category person under the JFSC guidelines.